Smooth innercore of extruded white PTFE, with Stainless Steel wire braid reinforcement.
-54°C to 232°C (-65°F to 450°F) for continuous service.
-73°C to 260°C (-100°F to 500°F) for intermittent service.
Advantages of PTFE for Flexible Hose
PTFE is an ideal material for flexible hose, to which a wire over-braid is added for excellent pressure ratings. Such hose gives extremely long life because its inner core has out-standing resistance to steam, chemicals, solvents, heat pressure impulses, flexing, vibration and aging.
- Flexible : PTFE hose will stand up under severe conditions of continuous flexing and vibration without failure from flex fatigue.
- Chemical resistant : Inert PTFE creates a nearly "Universal" hose, capable of handling the broadest range of applications except the molten alkali metals such as sodium and potassium, and fluorochemicals such as chlorine trifluoride, oxygen difluoride and fluorine gas.
- Temperature resistant : Even handles 180°C steam alternating with cold water.
- Non-stick : Hose is easily cleaned, to maintain batch purity when using one hose for several services.
- Low friction : Hose exhibits low pressure drop, which remains constant because no deposits accumulate on inside walls.
- Moisture resistant : Ideal for pneumatic systems requiring low dew point.
- Non-aging : Properties of hose do not change with age or exposure to weather.
- End connections : Swages, Crimped or Reusable type.