Convoflex Stainless Steel Metal Hoses
BS 6501 / ISO 10380
- 200°C to 420°C for AISI 304 & 304L
Metal Hoses Application
These metal hoses are suited for any application where working conditions demand one or a combination of any of the following : absolute leak proof, a high safety factor, extreme temperature, vibrations, high working pressure and corrosion resistance.
Applicable for cryogenic and chemical transfer, vacuum, super-heated steam, coolant lines, fuel and oil burner lines, petroleum, refrigerants, gases, poisonous media and food stuff.
Metallic Hoses Specification Chart
- For static pipe work, the bend radius can be reduced considerably.
- For extra high pressure, extra braid can be provided. Consult our Technical Department.
- For pressure drop estimates of corrugated metal hoses, consult our Technical Department.
- The above pressure ratings are for fluid at ambient temp. of 30°C.
Stainless Steel Big Bore Metal Hoses
As the operating temperature of a hose assembly increases, the maximum working pressure of the assembly decreases.
Below is a chart showing temperature correction factors for 'CONVOFLEX' Stainless Steel Metal Hoses.
How to use Temperature Corrections Factor Chart?
- Determine the maximum operating temperature of the application.
- Locate this temperature on the chart and read across to the proper factor.
- Multiply this factor times the maximum working pressure as determined from the Metallic Hoses Specification Chart.
- This answer is your maximum Safe Working Pressure at that Elevated Temperature.